The Support unit believes in equity and access for students of all abilities, creating an inclusive educational environment with a sense of belonging. Students are provided with a platform for participation and an opportunity to celebrate success through achievement of personalised milestones in inclusive educational programs.
About the faculty
Our school has a Support unit comprising of 10 classes for students with mild and moderate intellectual disabilities and Autism. The staff in our faculty collaborate to create a positive learning environment that promotes a culture of acceptance amongst all students. Students experience engaging, well-planned lessons catering to their individualised needs.
The Support unit comprises professional, qualified and dynamic teachers and learning support officers with specialised skills in delivering modified curriculum to students.
- Mrs M Bray - Head Teacher - IM (Relieving)
- Miss T. Au - Teacher, Assistant Year Advisor
- Miss M. Fares - Teacher
- Mrs A. Gorham - Teacher, 2IC
- Mrs C. Kopanovski - Teacher
- Mr S. Smirski - Teacher
- Mr A. Suljevic - Teacher, Transition Co-ordinator
- Mrs R. Prasad - Head Teacher - IO/AU (Relieving)
- Mrs S. Devi - Teacher
- Miss J. Davis - Teacher
- Miss K. Diep - Teacher
- Mrs S. Mohammad - Teacher
- Mrs O. Pham - Teacher
- Mrs K. Pinder – Teacher, Year Advisor
- Mrs A. Samuel – Teacher, Year Advisor, 2IC
- Mrs J. Bishop - School Learning Support Officer (SLSO)
- Mrs G. Farlow - SLSO
- Mrs J. Ihlow - SLSO
- Mr T. Roberts - SLSO
- Mr C. Trpkovski - SLSO
- Mrs M. Vasquez - SLSO.
In Year 7 and Year 8, students enjoy life skills courses in:
- Design and technology
- Visual arts
In Year 9 to Year 12, students enjoy additional life skills courses in
- Work skills.
Students are provided the opportunity to participate in various programs like:
- Community Access
- Literacy development
- Numeracy development
- Technological development
- Social development
- Work Experience.